Monday, February 01, 2010

Mojo 124














Here is the sketch for this week:














And here is my card:














This was a hard sketch for me. I don't normally do a lot of layers but I wanted to see what I could come up with...




















I started with the printed paper.
My friend, Kris, sent me tons of my favorite K and Co. paper so it was the first thing that I reached for.
I thought the colors would be perfect with basic black and whisper white...easy enough...
I sat with this for an hour or two...
Joel helped pass the time...
Valentines Day is coming soon, but I have never been too lovey dovey...
Ooooh my new Verve stamp set has the perfect expression of love for my sweety...

Stamps: Verve Beautiful You
Printed Paper: K & Co.
Cardstock: SU Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Ribbon-HB, brads-American Crafts, nestablities, SU flower punch & scallop punch, button-SU, dimensionals, aqua painter
Ink: staz-on
Markers: SU Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal, Crushed Curry


I even finished the inside so I can write a sweet love note to my husband.;0)














Thanks for looking!!

5 comments:

Liz Williams said...

This is very lovely dp. Love the verse you selected to use as well. Great card.

Betty J Schaub said...

OMG! This is a beautiful card! The pattern paper is stunning and I love the semtiment!

Kris with a K said...

You are so very talented!

Kris with a K said...

I have a question for ya: under the quote that you matted with a popdot/foam dot, did you also cut a piece of black paper in the smaller size and mount it to the card flat? or is that a shadow?

Joan Robertson said...

Hey Kris...There is a black mat under the sentiment, but it is not under the dimentionals. It is a regular mat and the dimentionals are under the two pieces of cardstock. Clear as mud?