Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Day #1

A few years back I blogged the 30 days in November for all the things I am thankful for. It was a great experience and I think it is time to do it again. Not sure anyone still visits my sad neglected blog, but I do this for me.

Today I am thankful for challenges.

Trying to find a visual image isn't easy. Challenges mean different things to different people. Each person defines it for themselves.


This is pretty close for me. A road to travel. Sometimes unfamiliar, sometimes difficult, other times full of beauty and lends the feeling of strength and power. A road you walk alone but sometimes others can be there to help along the way, or make it more difficult path to travel. At the end of the road lies a destination that gives a feeling of accomplishment and joy at having arrived.


chal·lenge

[chal-inj] noun, verb, -lenged, -leng·ing, adjective
noun
1.
a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill,strength, etc.
2.
something that by its nature or character serves as a call tobattle, contest, special effort, etc.: Space exploration offers a challenge to humankind.
3.
a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.
4.
a demand to explain, justify, etc.: a challenge to thetreasurer to itemize expenditures.
5.
difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to oneengaged in it.



I have some new challenges in my life. Today I am thankful for them.


No comments: