Sunday, August 27, 2006

Small Purse Contents

I don't know what the contents of one's purse says about them. Maybe there are people out there that claim they can tell personality traits by the contents of a purse.

What will this exercise show me about myself?
I love lip balm & gloss.

Okay so here we go....
My current purse is a small woven bag, I call it a summer bag. I won't carry it in cooler weather.
It contains:
My camera
A film canister (ready to go to CostCo for processing)
My trac phone
My 'wallet' which isn't a wallet but a small zippered pouch. I love it because it holds all my cards, cash and receipts. My aunt Carol always carried one of these and I used to laugh at her 'old lady coin purse'. Not anymore. In fact, I no longer refer to it as 'old lady' anything. I won't go there....
A tin of Altoids. I love Altoids. Not for the reason the ladies on SS like them but because they are great mints.
2 pair of sunglasses. I found my favorite pair yesterday and quickly put them in my purse so I wouldn't forget where they were. The back-up pair are still there, just in case.
3 different clinique lip glosses
1 other lip gloss
1 revlon lip stick
5 ball point pens (4 will stay on my desk)
Paint samples - too soon for really making this choice because we are still in the design phase of our new house, but I am always looking.
1 small bottle of HEB ibuprofen...cramps require ibuprofen.
2 barrettes
4 samples of True Lemon....got these free samples in the mail yesterday. I thought it would be good to keep with me to try in water when I am out and about.
My James Avery charm bracelet - I have been looking for this - thanks CS for making me do this.
1 baby spoon for feeding Joel on the run.
1 piece of bazooka gum left over from Abigail's 4th birthday
1 small tube of Renew lotion from Melaleuca. One of the ladies from our Homeschool Park Group gave it to me to try on Samuel's exema(sp?).
A scrap of paper that D wrote the web site for a calendar producer. I am looking for inexpensive prints to use in Joel's big boy room in the new house.

And that does it. Hard to believe that all of that is in my little 7x6x4 purse.

So what made it back in? Everything except the pens, bracelet, paint chips & the paper with the web address.

Oh I did omit one little thing.
I have one zippered pocket that is full of receipts. I can't throw them away. I put them in my 'old lady coin purse' aka my wallet, and then when that is too full they are moved to this little zippered pocket. Eventually they end up with Mark who does something with them...throws them away or shreds them.

Wishing happiness and joy today.

No comments: