The assignment is to share 5 things that most people probably don't know about me.
Here goes.......
This is tough because I am an open book.
I had to ask my husband. He was able to list many odd facts but I will limit it to 5.
1.) I can spend hours and hours doing genealogy research. It is such a solitary endeavor and I am such a social person it does seem an odd thing for me to enjoy. I get lost in it and literally 8 or 10 hours can pass and it seems like an hour. These people get in my head and I even dream about them. I hope to leave a complete genealogical record for my children.
2.) I cannot stand to be touched when I am sleeping. This also seems a contradiction to who I am. I am a touchy-feely-huggy-kind-of gal. I love hugs and to cuddle and hold hands but when I am ready to sleep- don't touch.
3.) I adore well-crafted beer. Give me a brew pub, good friends & an afternoon...that's a great day. I must say that in the last 7 years I haven't been in a brew pub (pregnancy & nursing have kept me pretty dry.) The day will come when I will be able to enjoy this once again.
4.) I am self taught at almost everything I have ever done. I have purchased cheap chairs with good bones and got a book on upholstery and taught myself to re-upholster. I needed a sofa for a small apartment I had. I couldn't find what I wanted because I only had about $35 to spend. I built my own sofa. I needed curtains....I learned to sew (sort-of). My husband is impressed with my many 'talents' but really it is just okay.
I paint murals, occasionally draw/paint with pastels, knit, crochet, quilt, decorate cakes...
I am a jack of all trades and master of none.
5.) How much I enjoy cooking. I love good quality ingredients and equipment. I can drool over knives, pots and pans, mushrooms, herbs, sauces, talented chefs as much as anything else I love.
My favorite magazine is Cooks Illustrated. I spend hours over every single word in every single issue. I read my cookbooks like others read novels.
So, that's it.
Wishing for happiness and joy today.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment