I haven't blogged in two months. Life has been a bit crazy in the last eight weeks. Besides the fact it takes me a half hour to figure out how to sign in to this thing.
I had a draining week.
I hope I have learned a lesson.
I tried to do something for some people I like, and it turned out sort-of badly. I know no one reads this but just in case I will have to be a bit cryptic (which I hate).
I want to write a bit of this down to serve as a reminder. Just in case I forget the lesson it will be here to remind me not to make the same mistake again.
So, here goes.
I have very few friends. It takes a long time to develop and nurture a friendship. I do have a number of people I like to do things with and hang out with, that sort of thing, pals if you will.
So, a pal of mine is unhappy with a situation and over the course of conversation we came up with a plan to create an opportunity to make all of our pals happy.
Error #1 - I didn't stop to think about the ENTIRE situation. I was only thinking of my pal's point of view.
My pal and I make some plans to help the situation (or so we think).
At this point, I say that we need to talk to some other pals, tell them what we are thinking and hope for their blessing.
A blessing doesn't come.
I learned some additional information and I realized that this was a bad idea on so many levels.
Here comes that facet thing I had referred to.
Once I looked at it from a totally different point of view, I understood some of what was going on. Considering a different facet gave me a clearer picture.
Feelings were hurt, some things were said, and now it feels ....yucky.
Words like liar have been thrown around.
Not nice.
More hurt feelings.
Can you feel a bad situation getting worse?
Truth be told, I don't know most of the people involved. Some of what I have seen smacks of talking behind backs, not knowing all the information - and not wanting to, making a mountain out of a mole hill. And not from the people directly involved, at least not to my knowledge.
Some people said some things that don't even have anything to do with it and still pass a harsh judgement without knowing all the facets.
While I understand how that can happen (it is the exact lesson I am trying to learn myself), the intent with my error was not to judge or be harmful.
This smacks of something else.
I want to be wrong.
At the end of the day, my pals don't really know me, nor I them.
Situations can be multi-faceted just as people and friendships are multi-faceted.
One good thing that came out of this?
An admiration for one of my pals. Her behavior speaks to me about who she is. I hope someday to call her a friend. I don't know if you read these things G, but if you do, I am talking about you.
I still like all of my pals.
Lesson learned.... I want to move on.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment