Wednesday, February 04, 2009

An Unexpected Result


















Yesterday was a busy day. I knew it would be, so I made a plan in advance.
Since I would be gone in the evening for my first guitar lesson (see yesterday's entry) I made a simple supper that my husband would love most of all.

A pot of pinto beans.

He asks for it all the time but I just don't think of it as a proper supper.

So on Monday I soaked the beans and Tuesday I popped them into the crockpot with some stock and water, turned it on and walked away.
About mid-day I remembered I had some Opa's jalapeno cheese sausage in the freezer.
What better way to season the beans and make a more hearty supper?

Did I mention I also got dear husband some of his favorite beer? That is truely a mid week treat.

I knew my sweety would love his supper but what I didn't expect was for me to LOVE it.

Opa's sausage is always good, but we had never tried the jalapeno cheese before.

Man oh man, it was so yummy.

I had some for breakfast.

If you have never tried Opa's sausage here is their link:
http://opassmokedmeats.com/index.html

Now, this will be a go-to dish on those nights when I need an easy, satisfing meal.

No comments: