


When we lived in Pacific Beach, naked guy would hide his outer garments in front of our house. We were just one street from the beach and it was fun to see what naked guy would come up with week after week.
My honey is in PB now.
Wondering if he will see naked guy today.
This evening my honey will dine at Saska's
A funny story about Saska's.
I grew up hearing this story from my mom and aunt.
When my parents were first married and money was tight, my aunt came to visit with a beau who had some coin.
This beau offered to take them all out for a nice dinner.
When dad came home from work and was getting cleaned up to go out, mom went into the bathroom with him.
While in the bathroom, dad had the water running because he was shaving, so mom talked over the noise of the water.... "Order big, Noel! This guy has a big wad of cash. Carol saw it. Order a big steak...we are eating well tonight...." and on and on went my mom.
While this was going on my aunt was knocking on the bathroom door trying to get my mom's attention....to which mom just said,
"I'll be out in a minute Carol."
and then back to telling dad about the wad of cash Carol saw...
In the tiny apartment, Carol and beau could hear EVERY word mom was saying to dad. Every.single.word. Clear as day.
We would laugh so hard every time they told that story.
Flash forward 33 years and I meet a fella and he takes me out for a second date (you will have to read a past blog entry about our marathon first date).
He took me to a restaurant near his house. The fella that owned the restaurant was the uncle of someone we worked with. It was a nice evening and I really enjoyed myself.
When I got home that night mom asked me about this guy. I told her he had potential and I told her about the evening.
When I mentioned Saska's she about fell over.
You see, Saska's had been the place the four of them dined some 33 years earlier.
I love how life can bring everything full circle.


1 comment:
Great story Joanie! And I LOVE the photos!!! :D
Post a Comment