Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Change in Attitude

Every year I dread the day after Thanksgiving. Because it is the beginning of peak season for UPS.
Every year it means my dear husband is away from us until Christmas morning. This year is no different except they are sending him far away.
I have decided that this year I will have a different attitude. I think I will make this a season to remember. I will come up with a plan for each weekend from now until Christmas. I will document it and scrap it.
Sadly, I think I only have one or two pictures of Christmas over the years.
I have a holiday album that has been empty for two years -it is time to fill it. I have 5 weekends until Christmas......

This weekend will be about Christmas cards. I will try to get mine out for the first time in 7 years. I will let the children make a few to send out as well.
I will try to take special pictures of the children to give as gifts.

Weekend of Dec 1-2... Samuel's birthday. This weekend will be all about him. We may get our Christmas tree on Dec 2nd. I will have to check with dh on this one.

Weekend of Dec 8-9... Decorate the house for the holiday. Start making gifts with the children.

Weekend of Dec 15-16 ...Relax and enjoy the music and decorations. Drive/walk the neighborhood enjoying the holiday lights. Help the children make some gifts for the stockings.

Weekend of Dec 22-23 ...wrap gifts and plan our Christmas day meal.

Dec 24.... spend the day with Grandpa and Grandma.
Dec 25.... UPS will give my husband back and we will enjoy our day together. I will take pictures and enjoy every moment of our day.

That's the plan. I need to get some of my favorite paper gathered together so I can scrap all of this fun we are going to have. I need to start a list of craft projects for the kids and of needed items to purchase. I need a meal planning list and grocery list.
I think my scrapbook pages should include all of these lists.

No comments: