Monday, December 31, 2007

A Year in Review ~ 2007

Funny when I think over the last year, I think in two different 'worlds'.
My family life and my SS life.
SS is something just for me - girlfriends, creative outlet, a place to vent, cry, get support...
My family is everything.
I find myself making two different lists for 2007...

January- poured our foundation on our new home
February- Mark had surgery to repair his broken nose (from delivering packages during the ice storm) Happy Valentine's Day.
March- Sold our home -our first home -the one where every baby celebrated every birthday and took their first steps.
April- Moved into our new home. Two years in the making but it was finally finished and ready to call home.
May- Samuel went to school for the first time. Even though it was only for 2 weeks he wanted to try it out before Fall.
June- I had my surgery
July- Nana and Papa came for 10 days to help me recover from my surgery. The kids loved having this time with them.
August- SCHOOL. Abigail started Kindergarten and Samuel started 2nd grade.
September- with school, came viruses, and so began the Autumn of viruses.
October- Mark starts traveling for work. He is gone most of the month. I had been sick for 6 weeks before I realized that it was not going away and was told it was walking pneumonia.
November- still sick and so is Abigail. Both of us with walking pneumonia. More meds and breathing treatments 4 x a day to help us get better. Mark is still traveling.
December- Mark still traveling but we manage to survive peak and welcome him home!
I actually made and sent out Christmas cards this year!



As for SS.....
I spent some time looking over old threads and posts this morning and I had to laugh at some of the threads.

Threads I started and loved:
Story song thread
Lumpia
Funyuns vs Munchos (Funyuns won in the poll but I still like Munchos more)
LOST
Choosing Joy class at BPS
BH sketch challenges
Jeep commercial -rock me gently

Threads inspired by conversations with Ginger...
SS speak (Chockie Bickie thread) also CB definition of a hairflip post -too funny.
Doll collecting
Ring My Bell

Favorite Scrapbook LO's by others

Wonder, Hot, and Pumpkin Pickin by Elaine
Snow Days, and the entire Hometown Tourist Album by Cowtown Stacy

My own favorite LO"S:
She's Five, She Is, Sprinkle Fun (Abigail's LO's)
I loved these because FINALLY I was able to capture just a bit of my funny girl on film as we see her.
That Face (Samuel) - It is perfectly him.
Joel@ the Park, Dance (Joel) - It is hard to capture this little guy's playful spirit because he is always moving and I am just not that good of a photographer. These two layouts (along with Where's Joel ) capture him well.
Got Heart, Clouds, SS Spring Thing (just for me) - I love these just for me.

I think I will upload a photo for each month of the past year and create a scrapbook page of my year in review.
This was my first full year using a digital camera. I am so glad I made the switch.
Thanks Diane.

No comments: