Blog Challenge #8
When we are lucky enough to gather around the table and have everyone home for our evening meal, there are always two questions we ask everyone seated at the table....
What was your favorite part of your day today?
and
What was your least favorite part of your day today?
Even Joel participates in this tradition.
Most days the answers are somewhat predictable but there are days when my sweet children surprise me with wonderful insights into our world.
So pick a day this week and sit down and just blog those two questions
It has been a crazy week. Mark has been working CRAZY hours and we are juggling to keep everyone connected this week.
This morning Samuel said he wanted to go to family movie night at school tonight. I checked the paper and it needed to be turned in by yesterday (of course). I told Samuel to ask at school and see if they would let him sign up late. If they will, we will call Daddy and see if he can be home for the movie, The Bee Movie.
Mark wasn't sure it would be possible due to the deadline he is trying to beat. I told him I would call.
I think Samuel sensed the bit of stress at trying to make this happen because on the way to school he says to me, "mama, it is okay if I don't go to family movie tonight."
I said, "really?"
"really, mama. It's okay with me."
That was my favorite part of my day.
When my sweet 8 year old puts his own wants behind others needs.
So to make it up to him, I purchased the Bee Movie on DVD and put it on his seat. When I picked him up from school he was so excited and appreciative.
My least favorite part of my day today......waking up. Joel woke up at 4 & 4:40 & 5 - at which point I just got up. I do not like waking up so early and I am still not used to the time change.
I can't wait for the day I get to sleep in. I think by that time I will have forgotten how to sleep in.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm not use to the time change either. I don't like it!!! It was just starting to get day light on my way to work and now I'm back to driving in the dark.
Post a Comment