Sunday, September 21, 2008

Countdown List














10 Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
Learn to play guitar
Play a song I love in a public place
Take the family white water rafting
see the Grand Canyon with my family
Go to DisneyWorld
Devote time to genealogy
Become a better artist
See my children happily married
Have a Library built in our town
Be able to enjoy my grandchildren
9 Places I Last Spent Money:
Local market
Sonic
Shell station
Scholastic Book warehouse
Library conference
Lunch money for the kids
Kathy Griffin tickets
Scrapshare retreat
books at half price books
8 Sounds I Routinely Hear Around My House:
Mama
Can I be excused?
What is for supper?
Laughter
door slam
dishwasher
typing on the keyboard
snoring
7 Real Restaurants Where I Last Ate Out:
Tai-Pei x2
La Madeline
Macaroni's x2
Pericos
Los Barrios
6 Things I've Recently Scratched Off My To-Do List:
Mop
Work on Library project
get to the eye doctor
cookbook orders
set date for Joel's birthday
see memaw
5 People I Don't Know by would Like to Hang Out With:
Carrie
Martha
Amy
Goodie
Benita
4 Songs That Make Me Happy:
Brand New Key
I've never been to me
Mango story/song
Any Abba song
3 Things I Hate To Do:
fold clothes
unload the dishwasher
wake up
2 Things I'm Really Good At:
Laughing
talking
1 Bad Habit:
being lazy
This blog challenge is from 2 years ago when I first started my blog.....and not a soul read it (except my sow and some random guy). I haven't looked at it but I thought I would re-post the list from 2006.
10 Things I Wanna Do Before I Die:
1. Learn to play the guitar 2. Sing one of my favorite songs (while playing the guitar) in public. 3. Go to Disney World. 4. See the Grand Canyon. 5. Take the whole family on a white water rafting trip. 6. Take a vacation withmy husband - just the two of us. 7. See my children happily married. 8. Get through my brick wall in my genealogy. 9. Find a sport that I love. 10. Go to Belgium and drink beer and eat chocolate.
9 Places I Last Spent Money:1. Best Buy (Seinfeld Season 6 was on sale for $19) 2. HEB 3. Subway 4. CostCo5. Blockbuster 6. HEB 7. Hobby Lobby 8. Sonic 9. Target
8 Sounds I Routinely Hear Around My House:1. "Mama come get the baby" 2. Mama mama mama mama 3. Classical Music (Samuel)4. XM Kids & 70's 5. Kids acting out whatever show is their current favorite.6. The cleaning CD (a mix of Great 70's songs) 7. Reality TV (in the evening)8. tooting & snoring.
7 Real Restaurants Where I Last Ate Out:1. Tom's Ribs 2. La Madeleine 3. Piatti's 4. Piatti's 5. Piatti's 6. PeiWei 7. Johnny Carino's
6 Things I've Recently Scratched Off My To-Do List:1. Mail Cards 2. Go to Bank 3. Go to CostCo 4. Develope film 5. Scrapbook6. Call Dream Dinners
5 People I Don't Know by would Like to Hang Out With:1. Biscuit Scraps (Carol) 2. Cheery Bunny (Amy) 3. Pauline Howard (Artist I met years ago - I took some pictures she used to create a poster). 4. Mrs. Van Blarecome, my first grade teacher. 5. Candice Olsen (Interior Designer -she has her own show on HGTV)
4 Songs That Make Me Happy:1. Brand New Key 2. I Feel Lucky 3. Mango story/song 4. Blow em away 5. Top of the World
3 Things I Hate To Do:1. Unload the dishwasher 2. Wake up 3. Fold the laundry
2 Things I'm Really Good At: 1. I am a good cook. 2. I am good with kids.
1 Bad Habit:1. pick my face (zits)

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm green with envy that Kathy Griffin is coming close enough for you to go see her. I think she's too out there for conservative Greenville, SC. I love her reality show, and she's hilarious. You'll have to tell me all about it!

Martha said...

I'm green with envy that you get to meet Martha. I hear she's a rather nice person, even if she does think rather highly of herself. snicker snicker...

Joan Robertson said...

I guess I can mark that off my to-do list now -right Martha?
It will be a good time!!!!