When the phone is ringing, the doorbell is going off, kids are yelling, laundry is overwhelming and dinner has burned and you sit down to a cup of tea, where to you let your mind go?
A mental holiday......
I don't think there is any one way for me to answer this one. It all depends for me.
I can give you a top six list....
I will usually revisit a very fun and carefree time.
Concerts with Maria -for about 5 years my friend, Maria, and I attended every concert we wanted to. We flew across the country, drove hundreds of miles, quit jobs, sold off cd's, put expenses on credit cards - had the time of our lives.
I took a vacation with a group of ladies my mom worked with. Many of these ladies I had known since I was about 6 or 7. I worked for an airline at the time so I flew into Tahoe and the ladies picked me up. We went white water rafting for a few days on the American river. Best vacation of my life.
Enchanted Rock. When I was past the concert stage and really on my own I found a lot of pleasure in driving my CRX. I would roll down the windows and open the sunroof and go. My favorite destination was Enchanted Rock. The largest natural rock formation in North America.
If you attend SSTX5 we will be very close and I, myself will be taking a side trip. Not to be missed.
Pacifc Beach. Mark lived in Pacific Beach when we started dating and it is where we lived when we were first married. I loved to spend time on the beach. I would watch Mark surf (or others), watch the painters, tourists....or even better I loved it when it was empty. I loved the smell of the ocean air when we were falling asleep and listening to the ocean everyday.
S & S Ranch- I have a friend that has 900 acres in southern California. They have citrus and avocados. We would go hiking and walking the property. I loved being there. I loved the fruit and softball sized perfect avocados. Mmmmmm I miss it.
Lastly, the movies. This is what I actually do when I need a stress relief. This is my ultimate escape. There have been days when I have seen 3 or 4 movies in one day. I love these days.
A diet of popcorn and soda. Sometimes we will take a break and get a bite of real food (like a salad to try to balance out all the culinary damage we are doing). My partner in my movie marathons is my godmother. She is always up to any movie, anytime! Love that.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a great write-up. Be sure to save room for me for the side trip at SSTX5!
Wow. I am reading this post and just *sighing*. I think it's great that you had the opportunity to do all of those great things. I think more of us need to learn to let ourselves get out there and have some fun and just escape when we need to. TFS!
My dream place to live is in a house on the ocean. You have been to some great places and what great memories you must have! Nice to think about for a mental holiday.
Post a Comment