Sunday, March 16, 2008

7 Smiles

Sunday- I found my Book of Me album. It was fun seeing what I did 4 years ago and now being able to add to it.

Monday- While waiting for the Kocur's to arrive I sat outside with the kids while they played.
It was a morning with a possibility of storms, and as I sat there reading my book my attention was taken away from the mystery to listen to the trees. It was like the wave done in a crowded stadium. The tree chatter started in one part of the yard and gradually moved around the house in a wave. I was struck by how loud it was and how that was a contrast to how quiet it was at the same time. How much do I love being caught aware in these moments? It is the best.

Tuesday- Scrapbooking with my friends. I usually scrap alone. I loved being at my table with Stacy and Ginger, scrapping.

Wednesday- Aiden Kocur. Tuesday morning when the boys woke up I told them the coffee was on and it would be ready soon. They groaned a bit and said, "we don't drink coffee, we're kids"
But Wednesday morning when Aiden got up I said to him the coffee was ready and asked if he took his black or with cream and sugar. Without missing a beat, he offered that he likes his coffee with cream and sugar. LOVE that kid!

Thursday- Took the kids to the movies. I was dead tired and really didn't want to sit through it but I knew my kids were looking forward to it. At one point, I just looked over and saw my two kids and Ginger's two kids, sharing popcorn & candy and just looking happy. It made me happy too.

Friday- Benjamin made me smile.

Saturday- It is still another 90 min away but I am going to post it anyway and call it good.
my Saturday smile is that I can stay at home and stay in my jammies and watch netflix and finish my book.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Awww. How wonderful that our kids made each other's Smile Lists! :)

Anonymous said...

It was GREAT to get to see you so much this week! Thanks for being a fantastic hostess!!