Growing up I always wanted a 'best' friend.
I wanted someone I could share my secrets with
giggle and talk about boys with
cry with
experience growing pains with
share the happy moments with
I had to wait 19 years to get to know her
But we made up for lost time
She keeps my secrets (even the ones that aren't really secrets)
She make me laugh
and better yet she really laughs at my silly, stupid humor
We have seen each other through the early heartbreak
Only to stand up with each other as we said "I do" to great guys.
I married a guy who is, in his personality, very much like my best friend.
We grew up.
We learned big life lessons.
And through it all she has been the one person that really knows me, knows my wounds, understands me, and likes me anyway.
We have our husbands and our children and we love them with all that we are
but I know as long as we are on this earth
I will have my best friend.
Everyone should have a Sow.


6 comments:
So glad you've found yours! :)
man, you are so right! We are just built to need that.
Best friends are the best! :)
Is that a beer she's hiding????
Why yes it is, Sarah. My sow enjoys SOL in the summer. It was Abigail's birthday (July) and we had beer for the grown-ups.:0)
i would NEVER hide a beer! (hee hee). my sow is one of the best people i know. i love being at her house with her and her great kids (especially my little hippie-girl),and she lets me get ripped with her husband! LOL!!! (just kidding) LOVE YOU, MY SOW!!
call me, okay?
Post a Comment