
Simple pages.
Not quite as simple as the above picture but pretty darn close.
I remember when I first started making scrapbooks as a hobby. I had done a few years before but they were more about memorabilia than about the pictures and stories.
So this Christmas I am giving two albums as gifts. Due to time I decided to make very simple
VERY simple albums.
Pictures and journaling -that is about it.
At first I found this difficult, stripping down the scrapbook to these two key elements. I had to resist the urge to grab some paper and cut titles and add elements.
After a little time, it became easier (not easy but easier) to just concentrate on the stories.
I plan to make another album like this for myself. I have already printed the pictures from my November blog entries. I plan to have my thankful entries in a small album for me to look at throughout the year. I want it to serve as a reminder as to how blessed I am - as we are (our family)- on a daily basis.
I like the idea of it being a simple album. For much of what I am most thankful for are very simple things.
I challenge you to make a small (or large if you are up to it) project album that is just about the words and images - nothing else.


No comments:
Post a Comment