Wednesday, December 03, 2008

UPS













11 months a year, I bleed brown. Pullman Brown (a little UPS trivia for you).
December is usually a little different.
December for a UPSer is tough.
Not much sleep and very little time (if any) with your family.
With three little ones it is a hard time without Daddy.

This year, I am making a choice to continue to bleed brown.

UPS provides a nice life for our family.
UPS is where I met my husband.
UPS is still a place where hard work and ethics matter.
UPS is a place where folks take pride in their work, each and every day.

Package dust in your nose and ears and covering your clothes. Coming home dirty, sweaty, and tired, knowing you put in a good day of work.
Recruiting, interviewing, making the call offering a position...
Finding a package...a wedding dress that didn't have a Saturday delivery but is needed for a wedding...
Finding a missorted package in a facility with 3 miles of conveyor belts and thousands of packages...

There are days when I miss my job at UPS. I wish there was a way to contribute.
Then I remember if I take care of what I have been given at home, it will make it so much easier for my husband to do his job at work.

I am so thankful for UPS.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already know my thoughts. My UPS man has made such an impact on my life. I know that sounds silly but he goes above and beyond and I am so grateful for him. Hearing his horn honk as he drives up always puts a smile on my face.

Jenica said...

Awesome post. There are many times I am annoyed at Jay's job, the hours, the dirt. But his job provides us with everything we need and he works hard at it. I will remember this when on days I'm jealous of those families with daddy's home by 5:30 and on weekends :).

Traci said...

Great post, and a great way to "choose joy".. Some times it's good to just write it all out to see exactly how much the benefits outweigh the sacrifices. I can't imagine what an American Christmas would look like without UPS.

Kris with a K said...

that is exactly how to 'bleed brown' this December, and you are providing a wonderful, warm place for your sweet man to come home to!

i was just feeling lonely for Golden, while he is in Montana this week and KC next...you've inspired me to be thankful for what I do have and that I do NOT have to go to work!

Thanks, Joanie!