Tuesday, January 27, 2009

27 Seconds












In this day and age where professional athletes are paid exorbanent salaries, and when they simply perform the job they are paid to perform, they want a ticker tape parade for doing so.
The antics that go on in the end zone, or on the court are silly and stupid.
What happened to humility?

It has been a very long time since I have found a person in the spotlight that makes me stop and admire who they are, how they handle themselves.
Sully did.

I, like everyone else I know, was amazed at the remarkable feat of setting that plane down and making sure every soul on board survived. But what really made me sit up and take notice was the lack of attention this individual seemed to want/need.

His first media event after the landing in the Hudson, is in his hometown.

He spoke for 27 seconds....

"...circumstance determined that it was the experienced crew" aboard the plane during the flight.

"We were simply doing the jobs we were trained to do."


He opted to shine that spotlight on the others envolved (rightfully so) and not toot his own horn.

I heart Sully.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I heart Scully too!!!

Dogtowngirl said...

This is exactly what Geoff said (and he didn't hear his comments). "He just did what we're trained to do" :)

Anonymous said...

Me too, Joan, me to. I true hero.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to multitask too fast. My above comment should be, "Me too, Joan, me too. A true hero." :) <3<3<3