
I saw 3 movies over the Holiday break and this one was my favorite.
The film was based on a play by the British screenwriter and dramatist Peter Morgan.
The play was, of course, based on a series of televised interviews done by David Frost with former President Nixon in 1977.
Frank Langella is the former President of the United States Richard Nixon and Michael Sheen plays British TV broadcaster David Frost. Both actors did a fantastic job but it is Langella that is riveting. As of today, he would get my nod for best actor.
I won't say too much about this film because most adults are already somewhat familiar with the interviews, but I will say that I was throughly engaged during the entire film.
It was fascinating, absorbing, interesting....not a bad way to spend an afternoon.


2 comments:
I've been thinking about this movie (I rarely go to theaters anymore)....I was young then and don't remember much (born in '63), so it'd be nice to see a portrayal of Nixon that is as good as you and others have said.
You are so much more the movie goer than I get to be these days. Did I tell you I live vicariously through you? Does fine art work that way?
Hey, I've been meaning to ask you. What is the name of your music player tool?
Post a Comment