
My mom had this album when I was a kid.
I had a friend, Candi, and we fancied ourselves quite the singers.
This was one of our favorites.
We met when we were 5 or 6 and she moved away when we were 11 I guess.
The day she moved away I gave her mom's album.
We stayed in touch and she told me not too long ago that she still has it.
That made me smile.
I haven't heard that album since that day in the late 70's
Until I got my ipod and started searching for music on iTunes.
For grins I put in "Dime a Dance" our favorite song from the album.
And much to my surprise it popped up.
I purchased the entire album.
I listened to it and it brought me back to all those hours Candi and I spent singing, doing our shows, singing on the swings for hours on end.
Okay, so the song isn't as great as I remembered.
But the memories are still sweet.


5 comments:
Oh.my.word. Talk about a trip in the way back machine. LOL Love it. I had a friend that had that album and we did listen to it all the time. I think I was kind of young for those lyrics...ha! We fought over the who got to sing Sandy's parts on the Grease album. =]
I do still have that album! I've cherished it since the day my best friend Joanie gave it to me. Leaving California and my best friend behind was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and believe me - having a Dad in the Navy - we left a lot of friends behind! Whenever I hear any of those songs on the radio, I always sing like I used to when we were swinging on the swings in the sunshine....oh, to be young again and spend endless days with my best friend Joanie!!
Thank you, my friend. We spent our young years together and you are apart of some of my favorite childhood memories.
Back when, around the mid to late 70s I guess, Kathy S and I did our singing (hey, weren't we kareoking then??) and dance routines to Barry Manilow. I still love him.
I still have my old LPs too...I hope to replace them with CDs over the years.
My mom used to listen to Tony Orlando and Dawn all the time, too.
Yep, sweet, sweet memories.
Kris, Candi and I were fans of TO&D. Tie a Yellow Ribbon was on our regular rotation of songs on the swings....that and seasons in the sun, country roads, paper roses, delta dawn....
Post a Comment