Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Holiday Meals







While driving in the car my 6 year old asks, "mama, why do we have ham for every holiday meal except Thanksgiving?"
I explained that normally we don't but this year I purchased a ham for Christmas dinner and then Mimi sent us one as a gift. We ended up with two spiral hams.
We had one for Christmas and the other for Easter.
"I am not so fond of ham, I like our New Year's Eve supper better."

On New Year's Eve we have wine, cheese, fresh bread, and fruit. We have a picnic supper and it is really fun.

So I asked Abigail if you had a your own holiday what meal would you choose to celebrate Abigail day?

Her reply:
Pizza, mac & cheese (from a box), one single green bean (she hates vegetables but we have a one-bite-no-thank-you-bite rule in our house. It was funny that she included this) and for dessert a giant chocolate bunny.
I told her that outside of Easter a chocolate bunny was kind-of hard to come by, so she opted for pumpkin pie instead. Pumpkin pie and rolls are the only thing she likes about Thanksgiving.

We picked up my son, who is 9, in the middle of this conversation so he was anxious to add his holiday menu too....

Spaghetti with meatballs, fresh-super-garlicky- garlic bread, seasoned broccoli, and for dessert .... Lucky Charms. We don't have sugar cereal very often.

With all this talk my 3 year old had to add his thoughts on the subject..
fish sticks, mac & cheese, and for 'bizsert' (dessert)...treats, lots of treats.

I think I need to make this into a scrapbook page. They crack me up.

2 comments:

Kris with a K said...

That is definitely a page in the making! Take photos of them in the car, from the driver's seat...your perspective....and talk about the car conversations. It'd even be a fantastic mini album...car talk.

I'm with them on the ham...good but not my fave.

Kris with a K said...

ps....i am bringing some of our favorite recipes to the retreat, to make a 'holiday favorites' album...happy to share!