Thursday, July 02, 2009

Inspiration














Where do you find inspiration?
I am on a personal challenge this month. I want to create something everyday.
I will try to make a card or a layout or some other fun project each and everyday.
I figure this is the time to try it.
July
Lazy days of summer and all that
So last night at around 7p, still had zip in the creative mojo department.
The new Stampin Up catalog arrived (thank you my friend)
So as I was looking through the catalog I forced myself to only look at the cards and not the stamp sets.
Then it happened.
Page 60
upper left corner
Inspiration
I loved the black & white ribbon and the old olive, real red, black and white all together.
First thing I do is look in my stash for black and white ribbon -gingham will do!
Knobbly Gnomes has always been a favorite set and I thought it would work perfectly in this card.
I found a stash of big red brads -instead of buttons - oooh and I am off and running.
Now, usually my cards are left blank on the inside but this card really needed a sentiment, and I just didn't have room on the front so this one has an inside sentiment. I hope Diane didn't fall off her chair.
She is always asking for inside sentiments and I always drag my feet on that one. LOL.
Without further ado...
I love this card!




4 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh, wow. LOVE this card. You have been blowing my mind with your cards. Seriously. Now, what did you use to color in that guy? Great challenge for yourself. I think you've just inspired me to do the same. I did create yesterday, so I will keep it going. Thanks! =]

Joan Robertson said...

I loved the color combination. To me it just pops and looks fresh. To color the gnome, I used a dry aqua painter and ink. I have a little plastic tray that I color with my markers and use as a pallete. I dip the aquapainter in water to dampen the brush but squeeze the excess with my fingers. It makes it easier to control the color and paint in tiny detail as well.
I will visit your blog to check out your creative burst!

Bethany Paull said...

Very cool! Great coloring on that knome.

Dogtowngirl said...

Yeah Joanie!! Good thing I had my seatbelt on ;) I wish I were as inpired as you, you amaze me!!