Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Week One -Couch to 5k











For some, it comes easier than for others.
I am an other.
I feel like Homer looks when I am out there working this program.

I just thought it should be said, just in case you are on the fence about joining me in this quest to be healthier.

I feel like Homer while I am out there doing it but after I am finished I feel like a million bucks.
I really do.
I feel more energetic
and am happier.

I do have to keep talking my way to the end of the workout. I still find it hard.

I will leave you with two thoughts this week.
These are the two things I replay so I am able to make it to the end without quiting.

#1 My friend Trudie says:
It is hard to be overweight, it is hard.
It is hard losing weight, it really is.
It is hard maintaining weight loss.

Choose your hard. All of it is hard. This week I was successful in choosing the hard that will make me healthier, and happier.

#2 My best friend and her sister are runners. They are training for the NYC marathon. I spent time with them this weekend and told them about my couch to 5k program. I told them how I had tried before and completed 5 weeks only to be set back and quit. I added all the excuses I like to use, because running is hard. I explained about my asthma....blah, blah, blah
Lisa, my friend's sister said, there is a girl in our running club with one lung.
One LUNG.
and she is doing it.

Oh man. shame on me.

Those are the two things that have kept me going this week.
I am going to extend my week one workout to 4x instead of 3x because I think I could use the extra day of conditioning. I will say, that the third day was MUCH easier. So if you try this and it is kicking your butt on day one and day two -hang on. You will be surprised on that 3rd workout, you will see improvement.

Here is a link to the program:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

and here is a link to the podcasts that are helping me soooo much:
http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/podcasts/podcasts.html

1 comment:

Dogtowngirl said...

You go girl! I'm cheering you on! You are soooo worth it! One day at a time! Please give me some email updates while I'm gone. I can talk while in the states of course ;)