Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Computers/Internet (November 12th)



How much do I love the Internet?
Because of the Internet I can answer any question that pops in my head. Remember the days of searching the encyclopedia? If the information could be found, would it be enough or really focus on the question you had? If it wasn't enough or complete information that would mean a trip to the library. Not that that is a bad thing but usually if I had to go to that much effort for a simple wondering, I would just let it drop.
Now, within seconds of my question I can have an enormous amount of information available to me.
Then there is the whole genealogy thing that I love. I simply could not do what I do without the Internet. I still enjoy going to the genealogy library and spending the day pouring over old records but now I am able to do that when Joel is napping and I have a free hour.

Today I am thankful for the Internet and personal computer.

No comments: