Monday, November 17, 2008

The Great Escape (at least for me)




I have struggled all day with something to be thankful for...and yes, I have thousands of things to be thankful for, but today I struggled.
I spent the day organizing my craft room.
I am not very tidy by nature.
I don't like clutter in my home BUT a craft room by its very essence is clutter.
We have lived here almost two years, and I have never really planned out the best way to use this space. I am still struggling, and everything is a mess. UGH!
So all of this whining leads me to the great escape... a good movie.
Last night it was To Kill a Mockingbird, today it was Coal Miner's Daughter.
I love this art form. LOVE IT!
It is an escape...Out of Africa, Quiz Show, Beaches, A Few Good Men, Almost Famous, When Harry Met Sally, Casablanca...

OH! I cracked up while watching To Kill a Mockingbird. I used to watch the movie at least once a week. My bff & I would use our favorite movie line from this film all the time to crack each other up. I hadn't thought about it in a very long time.
Here it is:
Scout: "Hey, Mrs. Dubose!"
Mrs. Dubose: "Don't you say hey to me, you ugly girl! You day good afternoon, Mrs. Dubose!"

You must use your best crotchety old lady voice when doing the Mrs. Dubose line.

Oh and one more from Pollyanna:
Mrs. Snow: You have a stubby little nose (to Pollyanna)
Pollyanna: I know. I wish I were pretty like you!

I love that movie.

I have a lot of favorite movies that I need to replace -VHS to DVD. Quiz Show, Yentel (still hasn't been released on DVD-what's up with that?)

Anyway, today I am thankful for the escape and enjoyment I get from film.
Now go get some popcorn and pop in your favorite movie.

1 comment:

Menjiness said...

Amen about the craft room. I have never gotten mine right after putting the craft room back together after our house fire.

I think I need an escape tonight LOL