Friday, November 28, 2008

My Sow




I often hear people say that they married their best friend.

What a blessing that is.

I married someone like my best friend - I have two best friends.

She was my first best friend.... my sow.

Our friendship has spanned over 20 years. She knows all of my secrets. She knows me. She really knows me.

Words seem superficial when trying to express how thankful I am for her.

I guess it is like having a sister without the annoyance factor.

She is one of the finest human beings I have ever known. She has it figured out. She knows what is important and what isn't. She gets the big picture.

I know there are days when she sees me going off on something stupid -something I am pouring my energy into - like a bad driver - and she just lets me go a bit and then redirects. Not unlike a loving parent toward a willful toddler. I am still trying to focus in the wrong place sometimes.

That is what I mean about she "gets it".

On top of all that deep and profound stuff....she is wickedly funny. We like the same kind of funny. And we like the same kind of sappy.

We have had some adventures over these 20 plus years. Adventures I hope she never shares with my children. I hope that we will be old ladies together.
Still meeting at the bookstore for coffee and acting silly.

Everyone should have a sow.

I am so blessed and thankful for her friendship....um, I mean sowship.

No comments: