
So this one it a little strange. First the picture....I couldn't post pictures of past loves so I found an image that helped with remembering that time. Second, why be thankful for past loves?
Because the helped me understand myself and do the work I needed to do so that I would be a good partner for someone.
I met both of my past loves in the 1980's.
At some point in the mid 1990's I got to the point where I was ready (or so I thought) to settle down.
I still wasn't 100% there because I was still caught in a relationship that wasn't good for me. It wasn't bad but it certainly didn't bring out the best in me.
It was at this point that I really started to pray about it. I started to question if I was supposed to get married and have a family.
Psalm 37:4 I prayed everyday. I added that if the desires of my heart were not what G-d wanted for me, I prayed for my desires to change. If marriage and family were part of the plan, I prayed that G-d would help me to become the woman he needed me to be and that G-d helped him to become the man I needed.
I prayed this everyday for about 3 years.
My past loves are still apart of me. I wouldn't change that for anything. They helped me on my path to where I should be. And I am so thankful for that.


1 comment:
Everything we've done and gone through has made us the person we are today! A great post, thanks!
Post a Comment