Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My #1 (November 5th)




When this challenge started a few days ago, I decided I wanted to include the little things as well as the big things I am thankful for. I thought I would write a bit about my family on the day of their birth. I started this thing on the 2nd of November. My #1 was born on the first day of the month, so I missed it.

Oh well, I will just put him in when I feel it.

He is my #1. He is my first born. That in and of itself makes him special. As if that wasn't enough in the special department, this kid is an absolute treasure.

I am quite certain that he is a gift. He is smart, very smart, but far more than that he is wise. The things he thinks about and says literally, stop me in my tracks. There are days when I ask G-d why? Why have I been given such a gift?

He is growing up and he is spending more time with friends and that is how it should be. I am so very thankful that my #1 still wants to have mama and son days. I am so thankful that my number one still likes to come in and read with me. I am so thankful I have this person to love and that he loves me right back.

2 comments:

Brynn said...

There is something so special about a firstborn DS isn't there?

Sherry said...

What a great idea! I was wondering how and when I'd work each of them in. He does sound like a really great guy! =]