Saturday, November 15, 2008

Unnamed Lady Who Sat Next To Me At The Movies (November 15)









This will seem like a silly thing to be thankful for but, I am so thankful for this lady.

I took my #1, and #2 to the movies this afternoon. I LOVE to go to the movies but really dislike going to kid movies. I don't like the talking and the kicking the back of the seat sends me over the edge. And it did today too......it did until she came and sat down.
At first I was thankful because I thought at least with bodies there, that kid behind them would stop shoving his little powerful foot into the back of the seat. And he did ....for 5 min.
Funny thing is, when the movie started and she started her dialog.....yes, she had her own dialog through the whole movie....

mmmmm, hmmmm
no, he didn't
mmmmmmm
oh no he didn't
ooooooooooooooooh

It cracked me up. Her laugh was the best. It was a giggle that worked its way up to a good hearty laugh.

I forgot about the 3 foot high beast behind us and really enjoyed the movie. She was infectious. I giggled at stuff that I would have never thought funny. Her laugh just caught hold of me and strangled the grouchy old lady out of me.

I had a fun time. And so did my #1 & #2.

I thought about leaning over and asking her name and telling her how much I loved her laughter, but I chickened out at the last minute.

So today I am thankful for the unnamed lady who sat next to me at the movies.

3 comments:

Jenica said...

Awe! How sweet! We've not gotten to the kid movie stage yet, but I'm not really looking forward to it, LOL.

Sherry said...

That's awesome! You know, I would have loved that too. =]

agent713 said...

That is neat. I love it when you can "enjoy" a movie with a stranger.