Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness





This morning I opened my e-mail to find a message waiting for me.... the title reads
Guess What?
Yentl is coming out on DVD Feb 3, 2009.
You're getting a copy when they ship, plus a DVD of Quiz Show in a few days.
Happy Birthday, friend!

Who does this? I think sometimes I am wired differently.
I need to work on random acts of kindness.

This friend did this one other time a few years ago and she really impacted my day/week/month.

I have another friend, Sarah, that does stuff like this all the time. She will send me something like Harry Potter on cd (a loan from her collection) just because she knows #1 and I will enjoy it.

She has sent me some books that she thought I might enjoy - AND I do.

I am really blessed by these two friends. Not because they send me presents that I love but because they are an example to me.

They are an example of goodness, and kindness, and selflessness. They do things from the goodness in their hearts. I always thought that that was a rare thing, but I am finding there is more goodness out there than I have let myself believe.

Today I am thankful for the kindness of others. It really can change the world.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Aw....how wonderful! I just read an article reminding the read about it being not the gift, but the thought...and well this time it happens to be BOTH that hit the spot, eh?

Martha said...

D'oh...the article reminded the reader, not the read.
And I wonder where my kids get their sloppy editing skills from!

Kris with a K said...

Random acts of kindness are wonderful!

And remember, that kindness can be in any form....even a kind email or phone call, or {gasp} a handwritten note! That last one is the one I plan to work on the most. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right! Random acts of kindness can change the world. There is a group trying to do just that this holiday. Check it out at thegiftrevolution.com.

Thanks for the uplifting post!

Happy Thanksgiving!